GeoGebra Institute of Santa Cruz HSS

The other day, I walked into our Computer Lab and witnessed Gladwin, Fardeen and Mufsal working with GeoGebra.

I am not a Mathematics fan. But, the ease with which these young champions were using GeoGebra to look at their mathematics lessons from GeoGebra was quite impressive. After their lesson, I had a discussion with Sebastian.

He explained about GeoGebra, this awesome Free and Open Source Software helping Mathematics fun and frolic. As I listened, I understood "No school in Kerala has a GeoGebra Institute!"

I went home, logged into my computer and registered GeoGebra Institute of Santa Cruz High School. this year, our students shall excel in Mathematics, courtesy GeoGebra.

Any school interested in setting up a GeoGebra Institute of their own, or training on how to use GeoGebra in the Mathematics classroom, may contact me. GeoGebra has thousands of volunteers ready to facilitate people interested in GeoGebra. Hence, I do not have to teach GeoGebra to Mathematics myself. All I need to do is get people better than me to help those who show interest in setting up a GeoGebra Institute at their campus.

As I discussed with our MPTA, Vimal Nithy, their team leader showed me her blog. She told me that the very first blog post she wrote was about GeoGebra!!


"Sebastian sir was the very first one to set up a GeoGebra Institute in Kerala!!" she added smiling.

How did our Mother PTA become lifelong learners? I wondered!































We are lucky to have a global educator as our Facilitator, added Nithi. She showed me an awesome birthday celebration. Sebastian celebrating his birthday together with Prof. Cedric Villany, a renowned Mathematician of France.

Steve Sherman of Living Maths, a member of Hello Little World Skypers, where I am a member (scroll down to Asia to see Santa Cruz Team listed there) arranged this Birthday Fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Common Service Centre at SCHSS

Dreams of Cultural Exchange

Wikipedia - Teachers' Treasure Trove